Altitude Industries LLC

Altitude Industries LLC
Visit the New Altitude Industries webpage for overland gear trailers and rooftop tents!

Friday, December 10, 2010

Rolled the Trailer

We were camping near Vail, CO this past summer. I had just unloaded the trailer so it was completely empty. I was driving through a field that had been logged 20 years ago and there were stumps everywhere. The jeep goes over them like they weren't there, but my friends watched the whole thing and said that the trailer was just about to go over a stump when I gave it a little gas. It "popped" the trailer up and it went up on one wheel.. as I kept going forward since I didn't see what was happening, it just tipped and dragged the trailer right over. We just flipped the trailer back over and no harm was done. Very stout!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey lee - awesome trailer, I happened across it trying to find ideas for my own. BTW - your link in your sidebar for savagesun4x4.com is broken:
http://www.savagesun4x4.com/enter/2003_jeep_tj_rubicon_cowboy/jeep_installs/m101_military_jeep_trailer.html

BTW, check out the new 4x4 community site just going live - 4x4trek.com - definitely worth a glance!

Unknown said...

What type of hitch are your using?