Altitude Industries LLC

Altitude Industries LLC
Visit the New Altitude Industries webpage for overland gear trailers and rooftop tents!

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Tail Lights


I've broken my TJ's tail lights on the trail before, and dented in the back of jeep quarter panel hitting them as well. I didn't think exposed tail lights would last long on this trailer, so I went for something flush mounted. The drawback is I am comprimising my water tight seal of the floating tub concept. However, the rubber bushing on the light does ok, and I'll add some silcone to seal it when everything's done. The lights are $15 each from Harbor Freight.



As seen from the inside picture, the light is pretty well tucked above the angled part of the tub, so I don't think it will interfere with packing gear. The light does have a small rectangular part that sticks out the back.






1 comment:

Johnny Schultz said...

nice idea. Sometimes really need to be creative and resourceful.

-------------

Offroad tires | Performance Chips