Altitude Industries LLC

Altitude Industries LLC
Visit the New Altitude Industries webpage for overland gear trailers and rooftop tents!

Monday, February 23, 2009

Working Lid and Road Test

Here's a look at the lid in operation. I found a company called International Gas Springs who build custom struts. You fill out a worksheet with dimensions and desired operation and they make the size and strength you need to open the lid, keep it open, and close it easily. We'll see how that goes, hope they aren't too expensive. Here is another option at McMaster Carr

I took the trailer out for a highway test yesterday since it was warm and dry out. I got up to 70mph and there was no signs of swerving, fishtailing, or tracking problems. I was concerned the spare tire might add unbalanced load to the tail of the trailer. So far so good.

2 comments:

sangeee said...

My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!

Tandem Trailers

Unknown said...

This tandem would be good. I can see how would it overcome those tapping as if it is on the original track.