Altitude Industries LLC

Altitude Industries LLC
Visit the New Altitude Industries webpage for overland gear trailers and rooftop tents!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

New Tires & Wheels


The first order of business was to replace the worn out, flat military tires that I limped home on when I bought the trailer. I searched craigslist for the correct bolt pattern (5x5.5). The stock rim is only 6.5" wide. I decided to get 7" or 8" rims to widden the stance to match the jeep. I settled on some used Unique brand wheels. With some patience I found a set of used mud tires for $20. I'm building an offroad trailer, not restoring a parade vehicle, so I bought 33" tires to match my TJ.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome project, I'd love to start one of my own.

How hard would it be to swap out the hub to one with the same bolt pattern as the Jeep (in my case, 5x5)? If I do this I'd like to use one kind of wheel all the way around. Thanks!